Ventilation in kitchen decoration is also important: oil fume is as harmful as formaldehyde

23-02-2021

Modern people have understood the toxic hazards of paint and coatings containing formaldehyde, and understand that after the decoration, they need to dry for a period of time before moving in after the toxic smell in the room has dissipated. But in fact, it is not enough to just do this. The indoor toxic is not only formaldehyde, nor is there only toxic gas in paints and coatings. Some toxic gases can not be dispersed after drying for a period of time. Some are long-term In life.


It is obviously wrong to only attach importance to formaldehyde and not to other harmful gases. In fact, the "Code for Indoor Environmental Pollution Control of Civil Buildings" promulgated by the state clearly stipulates several toxic and harmful gases that must be detected. They are: benzene, formaldehyde, radon, ammonia, TVOC, among which benzene and radon are all confirmed carcinogenic gases. Benzene and radon are as harmful to the human body as formaldehyde. In recent years, there have been reports of deaths caused by benzene poisoning. Therefore, equal attention must be paid to indoor pollution caused by various harmful gases. For example, the oil fume produced during cooking does not contain formaldehyde, but it contains another toxic site-benzene; it is also not caused by decoration materials, and it will not be dispersed through air for a period of time. It exists in every place. During the day of cooking. The research conducted by the Indoor Environment Monitoring Center of the China Interior Decoration Association shows that the kitchen is the most polluted space in the family, and its pollution sources are mainly from two aspects: First, it is released from cooking fire sources such as coal, gas, liquefied gas, and natural gas. The harmful gases such as carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, carbon dioxide, nitrogen oxides, etc.; the second is the oil fume produced when cooking dishes.


According to research conducted by the China Indoor Environmental Monitoring Center, kitchen fume can harm human sense organs. Studies have shown that when edible oil is heated to 150°C, the glycerin in it will generate acrolein, the main component of oil fume. It has a strong pungent taste and has strong irritation to the mucous membranes of the nose, eyes, and throat, and can cause rhinitis and throat. Inflammation, bronchitis and other respiratory diseases. Kitchen oil fume also contains a carcinogen called benzopyrene. Benzopyrene can cause damage to the chromosomes of human cells, and long-term inhalation can induce cancer in lung tissue.


Studies have shown that the oil mist condensate produced by heating commonly used cooking oil to about 270°C can cause damage to the chromosomes of human cells. The increased incidence of female lung cancer and gynecological tumors may be one of the important factors. In recent years, in some large cities in China, surveys on the incidence of lung cancer have found that housewives who have been engaged in cooking for a long time have a higher incidence of lung cancer. In addition, cooking personnel engaged in cooking operations in an environment with a high concentration of oil fume in the kitchen will not only cause lung cancer, but also cause obvious harm to the intestines and brain nerves. The main cause of kitchen pollution is poor ventilation, indoor air cannot be convective, dirty air cannot be discharged in time, and harmful exhaust gas pollution is serious.


Therefore, in the renovation process, the kitchen has always been the focus. It is extremely important to do a good job in ventilation and air dispersal, and to choose better cookware and better range hoods.


diy kitchens melbourne

diy kitchens melbourne

cheapest kitchens online

discount kitchens brisbane

kitset cupboards nz

flat pack kitchens bunnings prices


Get the latest price? We'll respond as soon as possible(within 12 hours)

Privacy policy